Be one of the leaders for a comprehensive health and wellness system which cares in culturally appropriate ways to address the physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing of its patients and their families. Tulalip Health System focuses on the entire person, and has an integrative, patient-centered, multidisciplinary health team of dedicated professionals whose primary mission is to provide care at the highest of standards. The Clinical Director is responsible for the overall operations, vision and direction for Tulalip’s dental, medical, laboratory, imaging, diabetes program, WIC and clinical pharmacy sub-departments of the Karen I Fryberg Tulalip Health Clinic. As a licensed provider, the Clinical Director provides clinical oversight and is responsible for all medical and nursing care delivered at the facility. It is the incumbent's responsibility to consult with other health care providers to provide training and mentoring and to be directly involved with the evaluation and treatment of severely ill and medically complex patient care problems.
Essential Job Duties
1. Provides primary leadership, vision and direction for THS Medical Department.
2. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws and regulations for the licensed staff.
3. Participates in The Tulalip Tribe’s quality improvement and medical planning activities.
4. Reviews applications and credentials for membership to the medical staff.
5. Interviews prospective physicians, advanced practice nurse practitioners, and mid-levels.
6. Implements and monitors in-house Continuing Professional Education (CPE) training
7. Promotes the quality of health records with respect to provider documentation.
8. Evaluates patient care through ongoing quality assurance programs that identifies problems and their resolutions.
9. Bases decisions on information obtained through professional medical and/or advanced practice nursing knowledge and skills, current best practice standards of care, and approved policies and procedures.
10. Occasionally may provide direct primary care for Tulalip Members and other Native Americans within Snohomish County.
11. Provides urgent medical care as needed.
12. Works cooperatively with the Clinical Support Executive Director, other providers and staff personnel, as well as any other funding programs that are available to the Tribe’s Health Clinic.
13. Observes strict patient confidentiality, and all pertinent requirements of HIPAA and any other confidentiality regulations.
14. Performs any additional reasonable roles and responsibilities as determined necessary by the Health Administrator.
15. Provides sponsorship/practice oversight for nurses of the health system’s Community Health department.
16. Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
17. Other related job duties as assigned.
· Doctoral degree of DNP, MD, or DO required
Minimum Related Experience
· Must have ten (10) years’ experience in ambulatory or hospital care services.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ related Clinical Directorship role in Tribal Health Clinic, FQHC or Health System.
· Experience in making decisions relative to consultation with members of medical and institutional staff.
· Experience in providing clinical care, interviewing prospective physicians and mid-level providers, supervising Medical Officers, and evaluating patient care through an ongoing quality assurance program that identifies problems and their resolution.
· Experience working with Native Community.
· Must be Board Certified in Family Practice or Acute Care (FNP-BC, NP-C, ACNP-BC, etc).
· Must possess an active, unrestricted ARNP, MD or DO license to practice within Washington State.
· Must possess an active, full and unrestricted DEA (prescriptive drug) License.
· Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
· ACLS certification required within 2 years of employment.
Knowledge and Abilities
· Tulalip, Federal, and State laws and regulations health records maintenance and management.
· Principles and best practices of health records management including electronic health records information systems such as EHR, EPIC, RPMS, etc.
· MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Vista Imaging and related scanning software.