The season of giving is here again – and this year we’re inviting you to help us give back to the communities we’re so honored to serve. For our holiday drive, we are collecting supplies, toys, clothing, and books for Native American families at three area shelters:
White Buffalo Calf Women’s Society
Founded by Lakota grandmothers, White Buffalo Calf Women’s Society has served Rosebud Reservation for 40 years, offering safe shelter to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
Anpetu Luta Otipi
Anpetu Luta Otipi operates in Pine Ridge, SD, helping patients recover from substance abuse while working to reduce use of alcohol, illicit drugs, and commercial tobacco. They are also opening a homeless shelter.
Tohono O’odham Komckud Ki
This grant-funded program operates on the Tohono O’odham Nation, but provides services to all. They offer shelter for survivors of domestic and sexual violence near Sells, as well as prevention programs for youth.
If you’d like to participate in our holiday drive, please send your items directly to us. We will arrange shipping and drop off to make it easier on shelter staff. You can send your items to: 14614 N. Kierland Blvd., Suite 120, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
The Holiday Drive Wish List
- Backpacks, duffle bags, small suitcases
- Lunch bags
- Toys, books, games, coloring books
- Jackets, sweaters, gloves, and hats
- Household items (pots, pans, cooking utensils)
- Diapers, baby clothes, bottles, sippy cups
- Gift cards for grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants
- Jackets and coats
- Hats and gloves
- Sweaters and pants
White Buffalo Calf
- Pillows, blankets, towels
- Children’s shoes – all sizes
- Diapers of all sizes
- Baby bottles, lotion, powder, wipes
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tampons
- Socks and underwear (women, boys, and girls)
- Bed sheets – full and twin
- Sewing machines and material for quilt making
- Beads and thread
- G.E.D. study materials and books
You can also donate money directly to White Buffalo Calf at:
If you choose to send items to our holiday drive, please ensure they are delivered by December 11. Leave them unwrapped so the shelter can identify and allocate the gifts. Finally, children over the age of 13 typically receive the lowest number of donations – so if you don’t have an age preference, consider toys and clothing for that age group.
Thank you for helping us give families in need a safe, joyful, and abundant holiday season.